Ukraine responded with a bombing on Russian territory to Moscow’s massive attack

Russia called a UN Security meeting yesterday, after accusing Ukraine of having attacked civilians in the city of Belgorod with missiles and rockets, causing the death of at least 14 people and wounding hundreds more. This is an attack, Moscow stated, that “will not go unpunished.”

Ukraine assured that yesterday’s attacks targeted military installations and that the destruction in the city is due to negligence on the part of the Russian air defense in its response to bombings designed by Kiev in retaliation for the large wave of Russian attacks that occurred on Friday. They left 39 dead and 139 injured throughout the country.

According to the Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson, Great Britain encouraged the Ukrainian bombing. “The United Kingdom is behind this attack because, in coordination with the United States, it is inciting the Kiev regime to carry out terrorist acts upon realizing that the counteroffensive of the Ukrainian Armed Forces has failed,” Maria Zajarova told the agency. Tass.

“In the absence of the slightest possibility to improve the deplorable situation of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on the ground, the Anglo-Saxons switched to the tactic of carrying out terrorist attacks against civilians,” he added.

Belgorod is located about 30 kilometers from the border with Ukraine and has been repeatedly attacked by what Moscow says is indiscriminate shelling by kyiv forces.

Unverified images showed debris strewn across the street and smoke billowing from burning cars in the city centre. A large explosion can be heard in dash cam footage posted on social media.

It was one of the deadliest attacks on Russian soil since Moscow invaded Ukraine in February 2022. Two Vilkha missiles, with banned cluster munitions, and Czech-made rockets were used, Russia said.

A statement from the Russian Defense Ministry indicates that Russian defense systems managed to intercept most of the missiles, but could not prevent some of the cluster munition from hitting the city. “If they had exploded directly, the consequences would have been much more serious,” adds the ministry note.

In the statement, the Ministry of Defense accuses “the Kiev regime, which has committed this crime, of trying to distract attention from its defeats on the front and of trying to provoke” Russia. The Russian Army, adds the ministry, “only attacks military installations and infrastructure in Ukraine, and will continue to do so, but this crime will not go unpunished.”

In addition to human damage, two cars and ten private homes have been affected to varying degrees and damage has also occurred to the city’s water supply systems, explained the governor of the region, Viacheslav Gladkov, on Telegram.

“Our air defense system has acted on Belgorod; several air targets have been shot down on approach to the city,” he added.

Both Russian President Vladimir Putin and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky will speak today, New Year’s Eve, as the conflict approaches its second anniversary in February.

“It will not go unpunished.” Earlier, Russia’s Emergencies Ministry said the latest toll was 14 adults and two children dead. “Another 108 people, including 15 children, were injured,” he added.

The Kremlin said Putin had been informed about the incident, while the Russian Defense Ministry warned that the attack “will not go unpunished.” Russia’s Foreign Ministry, which has repeatedly criticized Western arms shipments to Ukraine, accused the United States and Britain of “inciting the Kiev regime to commit terrorist actions.”

Ukrainian officials had no immediate comment.

In Ukraine, emergency services continued searching through rubble yesterday, a day after Russian strikes killed at least 39 people, one of the fiercest attacks since the early days of the conflict.

Schools, a maternity hospital, shopping arcades and tower blocks were among the buildings hit by Friday’s bombing, which sparked international condemnation. The Ukrainian military estimated that Russia had launched 158 missiles and drones at Ukraine and 114 of them had been destroyed.

“Work is still being done to eliminate the consequences of yesterday’s Russian attack,” Zelensky said yesterday.

Jan. 1 will be declared a day of mourning in the capital kyiv, where at least 16 people died, Mayor Vitali Klitschko said. Three more people were killed yesterday by Russian strikes in Ukraine, local officials said. And Ukraine’s Interior Minister Igor Klymenko said at least seven people were injured in the city of Kharkovk, including a British journalist.

The Russian military said it had “carried out 50 group attacks and one mass attack” on military facilities in Ukraine over the past week, adding that “all targets were hit.” The United Nations condemned the attacks and said they must stop “immediately.”

Russian missile protest

Agencies

The Polish Foreign Ministry summoned the Russian chargé d’affaires, Andrei Ordasz, after a missile from Moscow entered Polish airspace during Russia’s latest attack on Ukraine on Friday. Poland is part of NATO. After speaking with Polish President Andrzej Duda, NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg said the alliance “stands in solidarity” with Poland, adding: “NATO remains vigilant.”

Polish Deputy Foreign Minister Wladyslaw Teofil Bartoszewski handed Ordasz a note demanding an explanation of the incident and “the immediate cessation of such activities,” the Warsaw Ministry reported on its website. But Moscow said it would not provide an explanation for the missile in Polish airspace until it had “concrete evidence” that it was Russian. This was stated by the Russian chargé d’affaires in Poland himself, after being summoned to the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

“Until concrete evidence is presented, we will not give any explanation, because these accusations are unfounded,” Ordasz said, according to Ria Novosti.

Ordasz recalled the incident in November 2022, when a missile killed two people in a Polish border village. “At that time they also tried to blame Russia for this incident. “Later it turned out that the missile had been launched by the Ukrainian army,” the Russian chargé d’affaires stressed.

Related articles

Not only did it go to Benedetto, Diego Martínez would also have deleted another...

The atmosphere has become a little tense Boca Juniors after the statements expressed by Dario Benedettowho last Friday would have responded to Diego Martinez...

The country where mimes are suspected of spying on citizens

Street artists first appeared a few years ago at busy intersections in Islamabad. Covered from head to toe in gold paint, they stood...

Alejandra Jaramillo remembers Efraín through her brother Pablo Ruales at the launch of her...

A Alejandra Jaramillo She was a little nervous at the first event she organized in Miami, United States, to announce their line of keto...