The authorities of Ukraine have pointed out that so far about 60 bodies have been exhumed from a mass grave found in the town of Iziumlocated in the region of Kharkivafter the withdrawal of Russian troops from the area.
“Experts of the National Police in the Kharkov region 59 bodies have been exhumed in Izium today,” said the head of the Kharkov Regional Military Administration, Oleg Sinegubov, through a message on his Telegram account.
Thus, he has specified that “The bodies of 16 men and 26 women, civilians, will be handed over for further analysis”, before adding that among the exhumed bodies there are 17 soldiers. “As the experts point out, most show signs of a violent death,” he said.
Sinegubov has emphasized that “more than 450 graves” have been located in the area. “It is a tragic and terrible consequence of a six-month occupation. The world must see the crimes of the Russians so that all the guilty are punished,” he concluded.
For her part, the Minister for the Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories, Irina Vereshchuk, has emphasized that the exhumation and identification work continues in the area, before adding that “some people have already been identified”.
“I will never understand that there can be leaders so insensitive and cruel that they allow themselves to say that there is no genocide. That they can say that Russia is not a terrorist state. I hope that democracy and civilized principles will prevail,” he argued, according to the Ukrainian news agency Ukrinform.
the ukrainian president, Volodimir Zelensky accused Russian troops on Saturday of using torture in a “widespread” way. in those Ukrainian territories that they “occupy”, at the same time that he has compared them with the forces of Nazi Germany.