How to Invest in SGB Online: Subscription of Sovereign Gold Bond i.e. SGB has opened for common investors from Monday (February 12). The issue price of the new tranche of SGB has been fixed by RBI at Rs 6,263 per gram. Subscription of SGB will be open for general investors from 16 February.
Investing in Sovereign Gold Bond through online medium is a profitable deal, because a discount of Rs 50 per gram is being given by the government on purchasing it from the online platform of any bank. In this article, we are going to tell you the step by step process to invest online in Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme through SBI.
How to invest in SGB online from SBI?
- For this, first of all you have to log in to SBI’s net banking account.
- After this, go to e-services and select the option of ‘Sovereign Gold Bond’.
- Now select ‘terms and conditions’ and click on ‘Proceed’.
- Now fill the registration form and then click on submit.
- Now fill the subscription number and nominee details.
- After this payment has to be made and you have subscribed to SGB.
Apart from SBI, you can also buy Sovereign Gold Bond online from PNB, Bank of Baroda, Canara Bank, HDFC Bank and ICICI Bank. Apart from this, you can buy from Stock Holding Corporation of India Limited and Stock Exchange.
How much gold can I buy in SGB?
According to the information given by RBI, to invest in SGB you will have to invest at least one gram of gold. A person can buy maximum 4 kg of gold through SGB. At the same time, trusts and other institutions can buy maximum 20 kg of gold at a time through SGB.
Latest Business News