Aadhar card is used as an identity card by almost every citizen of the country. Through this you can easily avail any government service. At the same time, it is used in everything from purchasing SIM to ticket booking. For this reason, the government is trying to make Aadhaar as secure as possible. For this, UIDAI, the government agency that issues Aadhaar, has given a special feature called Aadhaar Lock, with the help of which you can also lock your biometrics.
Biometrics are taken from any person while making Aadhaar. This includes face, fingerprints and eyes. Although Aadhaar data is completely secure, you can further increase its security through Aadhaar lock.
What are the benefits of locking Aadhar
The biggest advantage of locking Aadhaar is that if your Aadhaar falls into the hands of a wrong person or a fraudster, he will be able to misuse it. In such a situation, if you travel a lot, then locking the biometrics of Aadhaar can be a good decision and you can make your data more secure. With this, information about your bank account etc. linked to Aadhaar will not reach other people.
How to lock Aadhaar
- For this you will have to go to UIDAI website.
- Then go to ‘My Aadhaar’ section and click on Aadhaar Services.
- After this click on Lock and Unlock Biometric.
- Then fill Aadhaar number and captcha and click on generate OTP.
- After this enter the OTP and click on the submit button.
- Then you have to click on Enable Locking Feature.
- After this your Aadhaar will be locked.
- Similarly you can also unlock your Aadhaar.
Latest Business News