FIFA has carried out 369 anti-doping tests and has collected 941 samples during the World Cup

MADRID, Dec. 12 (.) –

FIFA has carried out 369 anti-doping tests and has collected a total of 941 samples during the World Cup in Qatar, the world soccer governing body reported on Monday, which highlighted that all the soccer players participating in the tournament underwent at least one test. once during the months prior to the competition.

The plan was shared and agreed with the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and consisted of a dynamic testing program based on strategic information. In addition to the tests carried out directly by FIFA, the body also contacted national anti-doping organizations and confederations to carry out pre-competition controls.

Along with the usual tests, FIFA used the player’s biological passport within WADA’s ADAMS system, which brings together the results of all the tests the athlete has undergone. The biological passport includes a hematology module (blood test) and a steroid module (urinalysis), which are constantly reviewed by the FIFA Athlete Passport Management Unit for deviations that may indicate substance abuse that improve performance.

Thus, all the footballers of the World Cup in Qatar underwent controls carried out “without prior notice” before the competition; During the competition, the regulatory analyzes have been carried out, which include controls after the matches and others on rest days. In total, FIFA has suspended five players for failing to comply with anti-doping rules after testing positive after qualifying matches for the tournament or in out-of-competition tests carried out by FIFA.

These are the Salvadoran Erick Alejandro Rivera, who tested positive for clostebol and was suspended for four years; the Ivorian Sylvain Gbohouo, positive for trimetazidine and suspended for 18 months; the player from Djibouti Sabri Ali Mohamed, positive for exogenous application of testosterone and with a four-year ban; Wisdom Niayitey Quaye July from Honduras, positive for clostebol and suspended for 18 months; and the Costa Rican Orlando Moisés Galo Calderón, positive for clostebol in an out-of-competition control, provisionally suspended on October 19, 2022 and pending an exhaustive investigation of the case.

In terms of numbers, FIFA and collaborating organizations have carried out a total of 2,846 controls; FIFA has directly carried out 1,433 tests, with a total of 3,909 samples (1,433 urine, 1,310 serum, 1,060 whole blood and 106 dried blood).

78% of the tests carried out by FIFA were out of competition, and the remaining 22%, in competition. Since November 21, 2021, FIFA has conducted 1,064 unannounced tests prior to competition, obtaining 2,968 samples for analysis. In competition, before the semifinals, FIFA has carried out 369 tests, with 941 samples.

In addition, 244 tests have been carried out in qualifying matches for the World Cup, where at least two players per team and match were controlled. All the soccer players participating in the tournament were tested at least once during the months prior to the competition.

On average, each player of the eight quarterfinalists has been checked 4.6 times since January, and some of them have undergone up to 10 tests. Samples were analyzed exclusively at WADA-accredited entities, with most analyzes taking place at the laboratory in Doha, Qatar.

Related articles

Crypto dollar and blue dollar today: how much is it trading at after the...

What will happen to him Dolar blue and official dollar On Monday, December 11, when will exchange activity resume? That is a question...

League Cup: when is the final between Rosario Central and Platense

Rosario Central and Platense they will play the final of the Professional League Cup 2023after winning their respective semifinal matches on penalties against River...

Wyoming, the first state to approve women’s suffrage in the United States

On December 10, 1869, women's suffrage was approved in Wyoming, United States. Thus, this rural territory, which would later become a State, was the first...