Burruchaga and Hanfmann faced each other on the central court, of the Mario Alberto Kempes Sports Center, in search of a pass to the quarterfinals when the storm broke. After 6:30 p.m., should have been suspended again the match between the Argentine and the German. This time, definitively.
The action was scheduled to resume in the central court after 9 p.m. but the weather did not allow it and the debut of Sebastián Báez, last champion of the Córdoba Open and savior of Argentina in the Davis Cup, will have to wait a little longer.
The only winner on Thursday in the singles category was Luciano Darderi (136°), who decisively defeated Sebastian Ofner (37th). “I’m very happy, last year I also had a great tournament here. I was expecting a great game because I have been preparing very well mentally. The conditions favored me and I think I had never been so solid in the last two years,” said the player from Villa Gesell, who became an Italian national.
The schedule with the most important games this Friday:
– Court 1
• 12pm – Hanfmann vs Burruchaga
• Next: Dellien vs Báez
• Not before 2pm: Etcheverry vs Coria
• Not before 5:00 p.m.: Munar vs Bagnis
• Next: Tirante or Acosta vs Dellien or Báez
• 1:00 p.m.: Tirante vs Díaz Acosta
• Next: Cornea and Oswald vs Doumbia and Reboul
• Not before 6pm: Hanfmann or Burruchaga vs Darderi
• The complete schedule: