The rebound in tech megacaps gained more traction; the Nasdaq 100 posted its best first half of a year and Apple Inc. hit the $3 trillion milestone.
These are some of the main movements in the markets:
- The S&P 500 rose 1.2% as of 4 p.m. New York time.
- The Nasdaq 100 advanced 1.6%
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.8%
- The MSCI World Index rose 1.1%
Great semester for Wall Street: the stocks that have risen the most so far this year
- The Bloomberg Dollar Spot Index fell 0.3%
- The euro rose 0.4% to $1.0913
- The pound sterling advanced 0.7% to US$1.2699
- The Japanese yen rose 0.3% to 144.27 per dollar
- Bitcoin registered little change at US$30,400.96
- Ether rose 4.3% to $1,927.95
- The yield on the 10-year Treasury fell three basis points to 3.81%.
- Germany’s 10-year bond yield fell two basis points to 2.39%
- Britain’s 10-year bond yield was little changed at 4.39%
- West Texas Intermediate crude rose 1% to $70.57 a barrel
- Gold futures rose 0.5% to $1,927.60 an ounce.